St Peter’s Church – Charlton St Peter

St Peter’s Church – Charlton St Peter
St Peter’s Church – Charlton St Peter
Charlton St Peter
SN9 6EY
St Peter's Charlton St Peter
There are indications that there was a church here in the 12th Century and the first record of a parish priest is in 1306.
The nave and tower were added c.1523 and the church was rebuilt in the mid 1850s and re-opened in 1858.
A newspaper report claims “the number of sittings is 121”. People must have slimmer in those days!
There used to be in excess of 60 dwellings in the village, now there are 34 and a population of less than 100.
</div

Directions to listing

Send Message to listing owner

St Peter’s Church – Charlton St Peter