Marshalls Bakery has been in Pewsey since 1870 and was set up by Charles Marshall who had moved from Newbury in Berkshire. Today it is still run by the same family – Richard Marshall and his father, John Marshall.
They produce the most delicious breads, cakes and pastries, as well as filled rolls and coffee. Ideal to pick up some lunch or for doing a picnic.
The speciality of the Vale of Pewsey is lardy cake – absolutely delicious and a must-try if you are visiting.
There is a free car park at the rear of the shop or you can park at The Bouverie Hall and walk down.
You can also find their products at the following local outlets:
- Great Bedwyn Post Office
- Three Trees Farm Shop Chiseldon
- Aldbourne Post Office/Deli/Cafe
- Shalbourne Post Office
- The Bell West Overton
- Waitrose Farm Shop Leckford
- Midway Stores in Ramsbury
- Ramsbury Post Office
- Krumbs in Marlborough
- Upavon Corner Shop
- Berrys Butchers and Cowpuccino’s in Wroughton
- Whitehall Garden Centre
- The Waterfront Bar & Bistro at Pewsey Wharf